Rabu, 17 Februari 2016

Netiquette

Hiyya! So I've read this interesting book about how we have to behave in social media or cyberspace. There's 10 points in that book about netiquette, but I'll only discuss 3 points.


The first point is, make yourself look good online. If you want to make a good impression, you have to learn about grammar and you have to use a proper language because we'll be writing on this cyberspace, right? Make sure if you want to talk about something, you have to know what you really going to talk about, not just "know" it based on your friend's opinion or even based on what you've just heard. And, don't swearing. That's not good to read and it's so rude and impolite.

The second point that I'm going to discuss is, respect other people's privacy. If you wanna get some respect, please respect other people first, even though it's in the cyberspace. For example, you got a new foreign friend, then you suddenly ask him/her about something private like "what is your religion?" "do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend" and many more. If we are talking with our friend then it's okay, but if we are talking with people that we've just met, that's kinda rude, I guess. Just let the conversation flows and if he/she is comfortable with you, without asking, they will tell us something about their life. But don't you dare to asking for more, just let him/her talk first, then you have to tell them something interesting from your life to keep the conversation flows, if you don't wanna lose them.

The last point is, be forgiving for other people's mistake. If you see some mistakes in your friend's or even other people's writing, just look at it first. If you really want to correct that mistake, just be polite by correcting it directly via email (if the person is out of our range) or you can correct it by directly telling them (if the person is your friend or is on your range). But one thing you have to know is, you have to telling it secretly or privately or not in the big crowd, if you do that, they will get embarrassed and maybe, they will be mad at you because you've been humiliating them. But if the mistake is so simple, just keep it to yourself.


Well, that's all the 3 points that I wanted to tell you about "netiquette". I'll give some opinion about this book, this book is so good and you better read this because in this book, we will get some new knowledge about how to behave in cyberspace or social media. If you want to read all of the tips, here's the link ---> http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html



Thank you guys for reading my writing, don't forget to comment, yeah?

7 komentar:

  1. Your summary is clear and I can understand what you mean easly. I hope you can tell me how to make a summary like you have done widi . Dont forget to comment my blog 😀

    BalasHapus
  2. Your articel is good, but maybe you can explain first little bit about Netiquette :) good job

    BalasHapus
  3. I like your article because when I read your summary,I know more clearly about netiquette and can you write more summary again Widy?(just kidding :D) because I like to read your summary. Good job widy

    BalasHapus
  4. Widi your summary little bit simple but I understand about it. Thankyou

    BalasHapus
  5. Widi, your writing is quite good. However, there are some grammar errors which are supposed to be minimized since it is an important aspect in writing. I think you can be more thorough when you write next time. I know that you can do it.

    BalasHapus
  6. halo Widi, i like your writing. that's good. but i think there are too informal. i hope in the next writng you can make it a little bit formal. fighting Widi :D

    BalasHapus
  7. hi widi! I like your summary because it easy for me to understand what you are talking about :D

    BalasHapus